Thursday, April 28, 2011

You can never bite off more than you can chew.....right?!

Well, I've decided to enter the blog world with something that is actually entertaining my life at this moment. As many of you may or may not have known, I started out on BlogSpot with a DIY home project blog. I haven't found much excitement with that the last few months, and have decided to get real and show you what I've really been up to instead of having a mistreated and unused blog on home projects I don't even keep up with.

Ok, so now that's out of the way, I would love to explain how much doing this wedding means to me. I think a DIY wedding can be interpreted many ways. You can go as far as making your own wedding dress to just doing a few pomanders for your cake table. The word is used differently for everyone, and there is no right or wrong. Sometimes I feel as though I've taken on the task of making a wedding dress though. HAHA. As time is running out, I feel like all I do outside of work is wedding projects. Ugh. Mostly my own fault though, because I continue to search the web and buy magazines looking for another DIY project to add to my list. I think I'm obsessed with ideas....last week I thought it was a good idea to sew a dress for one of my bridal showers....really Nicki? On top of everything else I have on my plate right now, I need to learn where to draw the line. The closer and closer my wedding date approaches, I've been dreaming how this day and the events leading up to it are going to be. Regardless of budget or time constraints there is one this every girl has in common: They want this time to be the best in their lives.

So, on my journey with what "I've bitten off" I'm gonna show you that nothing is impossible and even though I think it would have been easier to pay someone to do all of these things for me, I will never get as much gratification from doing that as I will from doing things myself. Though I've always been a DIY-er in every aspect of my life since I was a kid, I definitely think anyone could do this with a little effort. That's the key word in this story....EFFORT! haha Trust me, I know this is hard to find more often than not!

My life is so highly entertaining at times, I have taken many breaks on projects so I make sure I still stop to enjoy it.:) Besides going to work and the wedding, and am still thankful I get to do enjoyable activities every now and then. Let me set the scene: I come home from work and walk into my house..i.e. Danny's parents' house..(He's in his second year of law school so we are saving cash money $$) to a beautiful pack of 4 dogs...haha yep I said it 4 DOGS! Talk about inspiration! If you don't have the pleasure of owning any animals, you should. I'm not kidding you, between the funniest person I've ever met, (Danny) and these dogs, there is always something entertaining going on. Don't ever forget throughout your life no matter how much you have on your plate, don't forget to laugh. I'm pretty sure that's what keeps me somewhat sane everyday. Some days are better than others of course.:)

So, blog world I can't wait to share with you the ups and downs of a DIY wedding. I would give you a project now, but I'm getting ready to go to work for the day. So to keep you on the edge of your seat....My first DIY I'm going to show you is....(Drum-roll pa-lease!) PEW POMANDERS!! Ta da! If you don't know what that is, use the phrase I live by, GOOGLE IT!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment